Florida Lawyers Serve Workers and Employers in Employment Concerns
Experienced attorneys provide strong advocacy for labor law matters
Whether you are an employer or employee, when difficult legal issues involving employment arise, you need the assistance of skilled counsel. At JP Salas Law in Plantation, we provide clients throughout Florida with passionate and dedicated representation for employment issues and litigation. If you are experiencing difficulties with a gender discrimination, wage and overtime, or sexual harassment claim, our knowledgeable legal team can assist you.
Accomplished firm offers advice in unemployment and whistleblower cases
We provide strong labor and employment law representation to employees and employers in cases such as:
- Gender discrimination — While federal laws forbid gender discrimination in the workplace, it still materializes in all aspects of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignment, and more. Our firm can assist you with your gender discrimination or sexual harassment case if you or your employees have been subject to unwanted sexual advances creating a hostile work environment.
- Wrongful termination — Florida, like many states, follows the at-will employment doctrine, which allows workers to be fired at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all, unless it’s an unlawful one. We represent clients throughout the state in wrongful termination cases.
- Unemployment — Our firm has substantial knowledge of the requirements for unemployment benefits in Florida and can help you through the process of filing a claim.
- Whistleblower protection — There are two main statutes that provide whistleblower protection in the state of Florida, allowing for employees to be protected against retaliation after reporting unethical activity in the workplace. We represent clients who have faced such retaliation.
- Wage and overtime claims — Our firm can assist you with any wage and overtime claim if your employer has failed to pay you what you are legally owed or you are being accused of failing to pay adequate wages.
- Noncompete agreements — We have substantial experience when it comes to noncompete agreements, including skilled noncompete agreement representation for employees.
Regardless of the employment dispute you may be facing, our firm has the resources and knowledge to provide you with the best possible representation.
Contact a Florida employment law firm for a free consultation
If you are involved in an employment law dispute involving wrongful termination, noncompete agreements, or overtime claims, JP Salas Law in Plantation, Florida can assist you. Please call 754-217-5862 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today.